Pages

September 18, 2011

Ups and Downs


Your hand opens and closes and opens and closes. If it were always a fist or always stretched open, you would be paralyzed. Your deepest presence is in every small contracting and expanding, the two as beautifully balanced and coordinated as bird wings.

 Rumi

I was searching the mighty world wide web for some thing to inspire my required post for the day and stumbled across this quote by Rumi. 

It got me to thinking about all the ups, downs, twists, turns, mountains and deep crevasses we all experience throughout our lives.  Every moment, every thought, every breath that we inhale and then exhale makes us who we are.

Every person in the world is constantly contracting and then expanding.  We are all changing, all growing, all learning.  Embrace that growth, celebrate the small victories and love yourself for those moments.  They make you, you. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow that is so beautiful. I can barely comprehend or even begin to apply it to my life. Must remember to read on days where I struggle. :)