Pages

November 14, 2011

Sense of Obligation

I have this sense of obligation to people sometimes.  It isn't necessarily a bad thing because I think it makes me who I am but it can sometimes cause me an immense amount of stress.

I admire people who can say no easily or feel no guilt when they change their minds about something.
This is my work in process.  To do what I want to do without feeling guilt or an obligation to people who really don't matter.


"Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself. Being true to anyone else or anything else is . . . impossible."
                                                         - Richard Bach

"If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave."
                                                        - Wayne Dyer


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its amazing how similar we are sometimes! I do that too. If I quit something I feel like I'm letting people down. :\