Pages

December 13, 2011

Yoga Time

My favourite time to practice is first thing in the morning.  I like to rise, drink water, brush my teeth, wash my face and begin.  I don't even think about it.  I know I am not as open as when I practice in the evening.  But this doesn't bother me.  Everything about my day is better when I practice first thing is the morning.

Because of the deal I received when I started my Ashtanga practice, I am only able to go to evening classes without paying any more.  I struggle with this every time I plan to go to the studio.  It is dark, it is cold, I have to drive and find a parking space.  Don't get me wrong, as soon as I park the car, I'm good to go.  I am happy to be there.  I have a wonderful practice.

This internal struggle that I deal with two evenings a week is so annoying.  I try to simply make the decision and go with it.  But my stupid mind goes on with making excuses.  I find it especially hard now that it is dark at 4:30.  Who wants to leave the house then?

Next month I need to purchase a new pass.  It will be a Mysore pass and I'm hoping to practice in the mornings.  Ideally, I would go to early morning Mysore and then straight to work.  I can see the early morning practice but the job is still elusive.  I guess I'll see what the new year brings.

No comments: