Pages

January 15, 2012

Absorption

Two full days of yoga philosophy, text and pranayama.  I am overwhelmed, ecstatic, exhausted and desperately trying to absorb all that I've heard and read in the last 14 hours of discussion.  We are chanting the yoga sutras.  Chanting the peace invocations.  Learning Sanskrit letters and pronunciation.  And sitting.  Sitting a lot.

Here is one of the peace invocations that I really love.

Om.  Asato Maa Sadgamaya.
Tamaso Maa Jyotirgamaya.
Mrutyormaamrutam Gamaya.
Om.  Shantih.  Shantih.  Shaantih.

Om.  From the unreal lead me to the Real.
From darkness lead me to light.
From death lead me to immortality.
Om.  Peace.  Peace.  Peace.

1 comment:

La said...

*like*

this week, i shall make it to ashtanga, i hope! really enjoying your posts, seriously. enjoy the journey :)