Pages

January 5, 2012

Good Omen?

I started a part time job yesterday at the local gluten free bakery.  I was a little nervous because it has been over 7 years since I've worked in the food service industry.  But I really enjoyed myself, I get to talk aobut gluten free food and I get to learn more about it.

It was near the end of my shift and I was all alone at the front.  A tall woman with dark hair in a shoulder length bob walked in.  There was my yoga teacher from when I first started practicing yoga at the Iyengar yoga center in Victoria.  I had just been telling someone that when I was practicing Iyengar yoga I asked this teacher if I could ever teach.  I remember she was sitting at the reception desk and she looked up at me with her huge brown eyes and said I could do whatever I wanted.  It's all up to you.

After I boxed up her gluten free cinnamon buns I asked her if she still taught at the Iyengar center and she said she thought she recognized me.  I told her a little bit about embarking on the beginnings of learning more about yoga through this training program I am going to be doing.  She wished me well and that I would definitely be seeing her again in the bakery.

It left me with a real feeling that I'm doing the right thing.  That all of this uncertainty in the last 6 months has brought me to this point and that the choices I am making are the right ones.  LW would call this occurrence synchronicity.  Whatever it was it leaves me with a sense of well being.

Namaste.


2 comments:

YoginiBear said...

Haha, now I know where to find you! :) Miss you!

Juliana said...

Yes you do! :-)