Pages

June 17, 2011

I Need The Room

On my way to work this morning, I suddenly realized that it's been a week since I've practiced my yoga - stupid shoulder is giving me trouble.

No wonder I feel as though the sky is falling on me right now.

My body feels fine - my spine that is. Normally it craves the extension and compression of my yoga if I miss more than 3 days of practice.

I guess I've managed to put some yoga in the bank - as Bikram says - so that I don't NEED my practice every day.

My mind and spirit need it right now. I need that focus. I'm coming to realize it's not the focus of doing one thing for 90 minutes but that for 90 minutes I think of nothing but myself. Me. THE most important person in my world.

I've been stressed this week with the strong possibility of being unemployed at the end of the month. Thinking about all those day to day things I have to do.

I'm going to enter the hot room this weekend. Even if I just sit there for 90 minutes. I need to take my time back.

1 comment:

La said...

i hope your shoulder will feel better soon. i had been away from my home studio for a week and last night, i dropped by to get my new pass even tho i missed the last class.

it felt SO GOOD to just be in that space. i sat down where i would after a class, and for the first time in a week, i felt relaxed. i took a class at another studio a few days ago, but it didn`t feel like home to me.

i even went into the hot room just to stand there for a few minutes.

so totally, go for it and enjoy the 90 minutes all to yourself. you`ll feel much, much better afterwards.

cheers and a chocolate bar,
L