Pages

October 11, 2011

Beautiful View

I woke up early on Saturday morning and decided to go for a hike all alone up Mt. Doug.


It was beautiful up there.  It took me just over a half hour to scramble to the top.  I tend to take the least beaten path when I'm hiking and climbed around some beautiful lichen on the rocks.









Mount Doug mostly has Douglas fir and Garry oaks growing on them but in a few places you see some of these gorgeous Arbutus trees.


At the top there is a map of all the surrounding islands.




A little boy with red hair befriended me at the top of the mountain and told me his birthday was in AugustI commented and said to him that he just had his birthday then.  He adamantly told me his birthday was AGES ago and looked at me like I was crazy.  2 whole months ago.  It made me chuckle to myself and reminded me that everything is relative and in the eye of the beholder.

No comments: