Pages

October 10, 2011

Love Affair With Yoga

I had a conversation with myself and my yoga practice today.  I am, from this day forward, having an open relationship with my yoga practice.  This means that if I choose to practice Ashtanga yoga for three weeks, that is OK.  If I choose to take my Bikram class every day for a month, that is OK.  If one day, down the road, I choose to stop practicing a certain type of yoga, that is OK too.

I think, that in the last week, I was starting to feel like I had to choose.  I had to choose between yoga practices.  That somehow I was betraying one if I chose to practice another.  This is no more.  Yoga is a journey and if my progress through my yoga path takes me to different types of practices then that is where I am meant to go.

This morning I practiced Bikram yoga for the first time in a week and my god did it feel so amazing.  Never again will I take Savasana for granted.  Never again will I hate the heat.  

One day at a time, one moment at a time, one practice at a time.




"Yoga, an ancient but perfect science, deals with the evolution of humanity. This evolution includes all aspects of one's being, from bodily health to self-realization. Yoga means union - the union of body with consciousness and consciousness with the soul. Yoga cultivates the ways of maintaining a balanced attitude in day-to-day life and endows skill in the performance of one's actions." ~ BKS Iyengar

1 comment:

Lauren said...

"One day at a time, one moment at a time, one practice at a time."

Beautiful and well said!