Pages

November 11, 2011

To Remember

Today is Remembrance Day in Canada.  Canadians are asked to pause and remember the thousands of men and women who sacrificed their lives in military service.

To me, Remembrance Day is where I can be grateful to those Canadian soldiers who risked their lives to fight for the freedom of Europe during WWI and WWII.  I am most touched by these wars because they affect my family directly.  My Dad is from the Netherlands and I can still remember stories both my Oma and Opa told me of living through the war.

I am grateful for the Canadian soldiers who freed Holland.  I am grateful for Canada for housing Princess Juliana when she fled the Netherlands during WWII. 

I am grateful that we live in such a country that we are able to take the time to remember those people who fight for freedom.




No comments: