Pages

November 10, 2011

Putting That Energy Somewhere

I met a man about a job today.  Well, to be more precise, I met a man to ask him questions and get input on my resume and the job market in this oh so sad looking BC economy.

He'd had my resume for a couple of weeks and I was dumbfounded by all of the different ideas that he had come up with where I could move forward in my career.  Some, I will admit, were a bit over my head.  But I found it amazing how this man was able to look at my experience and think of all the different things I could do with it.

I get extremely overwhelmed when people talk to me and about me in this way that represents me as a highly successful individual.  I don't know why.  It scares me.  It makes me uncomfortable and it makes me feel terribly unworthy.  It involves selling myself.  It involves research and hard work.  And it could very well be that I don't want to do that hard work because what I think my career should be is not the career that I want or that I would love. 

It makes me think that I need to take a second approach to my daily practice and follow the daily practice Altucher outlines here.  I'm going to try and take some ideas that were so kindly passed onto me by the gentleman I met today and put them to good use.  I'm going to try and challenge this energy that terrifies me and makes me want to cry and put it to some good use.

No comments: