Pages

December 17, 2011

Checking In

My practice has pretty much been on hiatus this week.  Monday, the day after we returned from Vegas, was the most painful Ashtanga practice I have yet to experience.  My knees hurt, my hips, my ankles, my back.  I was heavy, tired and my brain would not keep quiet.  Therefore, I stuck my head in the sand and pretty much avoided the world.  

I rolled out my mat Friday morning - in the dark before the world had woken and it was amazing.  *Cue George Costanza, "I'm back baby!"* 



This morning I went to the led half primary at Ashtanga Yoga Victoria to check in with myself.  I haven't taken a led class since my first week of Ashtanga practice and it really is something different.  I knew what was coming next but had to remind myself to listen to Harmony guide the class.  I now know where I move too quickly through certain asanas and where I take my time and have too many unnecessary movements.  I am still a little tired.  I came out of a few poses early, either because of a sore ankle or my arms felt like they were going to collapse underneath me.  I tried to breathe through the pain but today it simply wasn't happening.  I can feel my body slowly coming back to me and it feels wonderful.

Namaste.


 

No comments: