Pages

December 8, 2011

Holy Practice

Last night was an amazing and tough practice.  There were very few people in the Mysore room when I arrived and once I'd moved through Surya Namaskr A & B, Harmony was there adjusting me and helping me go deeper.

I touched my chin to my shin in Utthita Hasta Padangushthasana with help but my goodness was that difficult and liberating.  I was able to lift my legs through my arms in a couple of jump backs.  I was able to bring my nose to my shin in Mari A by inhaling and lengthening my breast bone forward then exhaling folding forward.  I struggled with Mari D on the second side.  I have a hard time finding that perfect spot for my foot to sit in my hip crease and receive a lot of feed back in my ankle.  I was given a new asana, Navasana or boat pose.  I then proceeded to do 6 sets of Urdhva Dhanurasana (wheel pose).  On the fifth set, Harmony helped me walk my hands closer to my feet.  I have few words to explain the feeling of moving your hands closer to your feet while pushing against gravity and seeing the world upside down.  I was taught to do Chakrasana or backward roll out of the Shoulder Stand sequence.

It was an amazing practice.  I find that as my teachers help me move a little deeper into asanas that I it gives me the confidence to try to go deeper on my own.  It liberates me from my own mind where I think I may not be ready and it pushes me to try harder.  I learned a lot about what I am capable of last night and where I need to bring energy to during my practice.

No comments: