Pages

December 24, 2010

A Little Thought

I had a little moment yesterday where this yoga competition came into full light for me.

I was thinking back to the training session we'd had on Wednesday.  Seven of us had gathered outside of our regular yoga practice times to go over the routine with Ida - a few of us had skipped out of work to be there, some had been at the studio all day and we were all there because we truly wanted to be. We are all so very different - we come from different backgrounds, we are different ages, some are teachers, some are students, some have been practicing a long time, one girl has only been practicing two months, we have different strengths, different depths of flexibility and different body types - and every single one of us was there supporting everyone else. 

There was no feeling of competition between individuals in the room - we were all supporting, encouraging and sharing tips with each other.  There was no animosity, no jealousy - only pure joy for what our fellow competitors could accomplish.

Being the center of attention is difficult for me at the best of times.  My face goes red, I get extremely nervous, I worry what other people are thinking and I stumble on what I want to say.  But on Wednesday, in that hot room, I was in one of my most comfortable, safest places that I have in my life and I found peace while I completed my routine in front of everyone - all eyes on me, center of attention, calm, collected and focused.  I have found my peace and my space.

Happy Holidays, everyone!  I hope you all have a wonderful rest with your loved ones. xoxo

No comments: