Pages

May 21, 2011

Parallels

My workout, this morning, consisted of Kyla's 1000 rep challenge.  Oh my god this was tough.  Picture this:
  • 10 Burpees
  • 10 Squat Jumps
  • 10 Push Ups
  • 10 Tuck Jumps
  • 10 Toe Touch Sit Ups
  • 10 Dips
  • 10 Get Ups
  • 10 Jump Lunges
  • 10 Leg Lifts
  • 10 Squat Thrusts
And multiply this by 10.  Do it 10 times.  Non stop. It took me 57 minutes and 20 seconds.  I'm pretty proud that I finished this workout.  It was rough.  I can frankly say that I hate burpees and tuck jumps and get ups suck after your 90th one.  But the hardest part of this was just getting through it. 

You know that feeling, when you're in a Bikram class and it's hot and it smells and you feel like you're getting no air?  You know there are only three poses left until class is over - until you can leave the room and feel amazing but all you want to do is lay there.  But you drag your sweaty ass out of Savasana and into Rabbit pose because, well, you need to stretch your spine after the compression from Camel.  If you sit it out you won't get the benefits and even though it does feel good to just lay there - it feels even better to complete class on a high note.

I totally had my monkey mind, as Bikram would say, telling me to stop my workout this morning.  It was whispering that 5 rounds would be more than enough or that I could stop at 7 rounds, that would be 700 reps.  But once I'd done 700 reps I only had 300 left so I had to keep going and I wanted to tell Kyla I'd completed her workout.  So I did it!  1000 reps before 8:00am on Saturday morning!

I love that I know the difference, now, between my body physically not being able to push anymore and my mind telling me I can't because, well, my mind is lazy.  I love that I've come to recognize the difference between the two and know when to push and when to back off - when to give myself a break and say, "Jewl it's ok for today" and when to say, "Move that ass!".

1 comment:

YoginiBear said...

W O W!!! Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration. You have definitely taken yourself to the next level! See you in the hot room soon! :)