Pages

September 28, 2011

Rest Day

I decided to give myself a complete rest day today.  No P90 X, no yoga.  Usually on my rest days I practice yoga but I needed a break.  I was in no mood for a Bikram class today.  I did a short 40 minute practice on my own at home but it isn't the same thing.  I was actually excited for a day of nothing.  I puttered around on my bike but that was the extent of my physical activity. 

You know what?  I didn't like it.  Now, at 8:00pm in the evening I feel off, restless and hungry.  I shouldn't be hungry I've had enough to eat.

Lesson?  I should practice even when I don't want to.  I need to do something that increases my heart rate for a more than 10 minutes at a time.  It helps me feel better, more productive, more centered.

On another note, I really want to try Ashtanga yoga.  Really, really want to.  I want to go to the specific Ashtanga studio in town.  I think I want to expand my yoga practice and try new things.  I feel the need for more information and new asanas and growth.  I know I would continue to grow in my Bikram practice but I just feel the need in my heart for something different.  


No comments: