Pages

October 18, 2011

When I Need It The Most

Today is my Ashtanga day.  I go to the 6pm led class.  All I really want to do right now is rent a bunch of movies I've already seen.  Have take out for dinner and lie on the couch.  

Why?  Because I feel wasted.  I feel beaten down.  I feel curling up into a ball and pretending the rest of the world doesn't exist.

But I know that I need this.  My mind needs my yoga practice today.  My mind needs to shut the hell up and think of nothing except my breath and my body.  I also need to do something I'm good at.  And I know that the ego needs to exit my practice but I feel that I'm good at yoga, whatever that really means.  It feels natural to me.  I feel as though I fit in the world when I practice yoga.

So in a couple of hours I will drag my tired lazy ass to my practice.  I will surround myself with people who have a wealth of knowledge that I want to learn.  And I will take my time to do what I love to do.  Because I right now, all I want to do is give the world the finger.

Image via Real Wall

No comments: